*Elementary families are invited to join their children on the following academic field trips in the community.
- Kindergarten is visiting the Actor’s Playhouse to see Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Dayto continue their study of story elements in reading including characters, settings, and sequence.
- First grade is studying the author Dr. Seuss in Dr. Seuss World and hosting an in-school field trip to put in to practice comprehension reading strategies.
- Second grade will be visiting the Miccosukee Indian tribe to learn about the life of a native american.
- Third Grade is visiting Coral Castle to study minerals and rocks and how they are used for construction.
- Fourth grade is going bowling at Bird Bowl to experiment with properties of physics, friction, gravity,and momentum and to put in to practice properties of addition and subtraction.
- Fifth grade will be visiting the Key Biscayne Water Lab to study the sea life ecosystem and species.